Monday, December 6, 2010

holidays at this Mendenhall home are looking merry and bright





 Tell me those aren't the cutest stockings you've ever seen. Well, Christmas is looking pretty great at our house. I am getting super excited for the Holidays because that means I get to be out of school, go on a rocking honeymoon, blast my speakers (way too loud) with Amy Grant, read the story of the birth of Christ in the Bible, go shopping, make and eat (but mostly eat) Christmas carmels, peanut brittle, fudge, and more carmels, go sledding/skiing, watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas, see the lights at Temple Square, wrap presents full of surprises for the Mr., listen to the beautiful devotional from our inspired First Presidency, snuggle up in a blanket by the imaginary fire and read a book,  decorate my house with garland, lights, nativities and my new stockings :), enjoy one too many Christmas parties with the family and listen to Grandpa Garrard read to the entire family stories about Christ, service and families. I still get as excited about the Christmas season as I did when I was 7, but now it means a lot more than waking up on Christmas morning to legos and a new basketball. I love the words of President Uchtdorf, "Let it be a time of remembrance, gratitude and forgiveness." And also President Monson, "During this season, forget yourself, and find time for others. Let it be a time of peace."

Have a fabulous Christmas Season!

4 comments:

  1. thats wierd... i love everything that you do. wish so badly i could be there to see the lights and listen to g. garrard, and eat food with you and go to parties. enjoy a few extra carmels for me. you sure know how to deck those halls! impressed and proud of you. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kell it looks GREAT!! Your place looks super cute! Hope your semester ends well and that your holidays are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't believe you cut down that tree..there goes the oxygen for our future children. merry christmas tree killers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, yeah i love the stockings..and all the other festive decorations. you are ready. way more ready than i am. see you on saturday

    ReplyDelete