Friday, November 4, 2011

today i am grateful for...

November 4: TODAY i am grateful for life's simple treasures.

as i was contemplating what i was grateful for today, 
I was eating lunch [a quesadilla] and as my teeth sunk into those two 
glorious tortillas with melted cheese in between and sour cream smothered on top, 
I thought to myself how does something get any better? Seriously. 
How can something as simple as my quesadilla make me feel so happy. 
and then I thought about the hundreds of other simple things that me so stinking happy. 

Here's a few: (and don't judge if most of them are food items)

1. taking a hard earned paycheck to the bank...cha ching!
2. indulging in a good PB&J (there.is.NOTHING.better)
3. hearing the door open at 6:30 when spence is getting home from work
4. booking a hotel (i'm such a child..i think hotels are fun)
5. popping a bag of popcorn (or asking for extra butter at the theater)
6. the 'ding' noise when I get a text message
7. McDonalds McDouble....so delicious, so healthy :)
8. making the drive home
9. brushing my teeth (with warm water)
10. black friday. i love getting up at 3:30 to shop with the other crazies!
11. a quesadilla dipped in sour cream
12. a warm house
13. a warm car...even in the summer
14. jamming to Celine Dion's Its all Coming Back to me Now. (make me smile even thinking about it)
15. seeing my mom's name on the caller id
16. getting picture messages of my nieces and nephews
17. having lunch with fabulous friends
18. walking into the temple hand in hand with Mr. Wonderful
19. sweats and slippers
20. free t-shirts
 21. long baths just for fun
22. making a new list of something
23. pony tails + the BRAID! ... love my horse main
24. a good kiss :) 
25. sunday naps

I could go on and on about all the {little treasures} life has to offer but I won't. I am just so grateful for the pure joy these simple things bring to my life.

2 comments:

  1. you are so cute kell. i love this list. and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love most of those things.
    especially 9.
    people that haven't discovered that yet are missing out.

    ReplyDelete