Tuesday, November 8, 2011

today i am grateful for...

November 8: Today I am grateful for my talents and hobbies.

My Webb family was surely not blessed with the singing, dancing, instrumental or any of those other graceful talents. Instead we played basketball and volleyball...very gracefully. It was always kind of a bummer when school or church or family events would come up that involved a talent show because we had nothing to showcase. We showcased our talents every Tuesday and Thursday night out on the court. 

I wouldn't have traded to be a trendsetter or on the dance team though.
(no offense, I loved all your fancy dresses and outfits)

Anyways, despite the obvious fact that I cannot sing or dance, I am grateful for the things I can do and enjoy doing.

Here's some of my favorite:

1. golfing...especially with my husband
2. playing basketball (although I am too old, fat and out of shape to much of this anymore)
3. taking pictures
4. designing and creating anything digital
5. eating - I am a good eater...something only a new baby should be proud of
6. naps. oh i love these and am very good at them. 
7. being friendly and occasionally humorous.
8. memorizing or remembering. (while i stink at remembering names and faces, i rock at remembering book junk)
9. cooking. this is just one of my new found hobbies...it has yet to turn into a talent.
10. writing. i don't necessarily love this talent, but my i did graduate in PR and that's what we do. 


The talents we have come from our Heavenly Father, and to honor Him, we can develop and expand them and then return them to Him. All of us possess some talent which we can practice, increase, and offer. Are you regularly practicing your talents? Perhaps your talent is kindness or gratitude. How about being cheerful, helpful, and unselfish? How about practicing that winning smile? The Wise Men brought their gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. We can bring our talents.
(General Conference, 1992)

1 comment:

  1. this is cute :) and as for #2 - you don't need to be in shape...just sit at the 3-point line and you'll score enough for the whole team ;)

    ReplyDelete