Monday, November 7, 2011

today, yesterday and the day before i am grateful for...

oops. looks like i failed to be grateful over the weekend. allow me to catch up...

November 5: Today I am grateful for saturday chores.

 Today was Saturday. What does that mean? Saturday chores. All growing up saturday was the day designated for cleaning the house. My chores used to be: 

1. clean my room
2. vacuum the basement
3. clean the garage
4. burn/take out the garbages
5. clean the bathroom -- toilet bowl and all

So today, I vacuumed, dusted, cleaned my bathroom, kitchen and bedroom. Just like my mom would have made me do if I still lived at home. 

I am sure i grumbled the entire time i was scrubbing the gross toilet all my sisters used or while i was getting the dead mice out of the corners in the garage but I am happy that my mom instilled in us the tradition of saturday chores, because now i have and keep a pretty clean home!


Thanks Mom!

November 6: Today I am grateful for Sundays.

This day could very well be my favorite day of the week. 
Everything about Sundays is perfect. 
Here's what I do:
[@ 6:30 am] I peek my eyes open at spencer who is getting ready for his meetings and then give him a morning breath kiss goodbye (ugh!) and then I go right back to sleep for another hour or so.
[@ 7:30-8 am] I get up and get ready at my leisure while listening to my favorite church hymns and contemplating what i am going to make for lunch.
[@ 8:52 am] i grab a pop-tart as i head out the door (a childhood activity that has and always will stick)
[@ 9:01 am] go to my fabulous church meetings (relief society, sunday school, and sacrament) 
[@ 12:30 pm] make and eat lunch, watch football or golf and take a long, needed sunday nap
[@ 5:00 pm] start a movie, edit pictures, go visit friends, play games, etc. 
[@ 7:00 pm] pop POPCORN! (love this tradition)

What is there not to love about a lazy sunday? 

I really actually love Sundays because it just feels like a re-charge day. After having a crappy, unmotivated week I so much look forward to sundays to give me that boost I need to start the week over again - spiritually, physically and mentally.

November 7: Today I am grateful for Pinterest.

Where in the world did this ingenious program come from? 
At first I must admit i was a skeptic thinking "oh, I'll just look at my sisters boards to get ideas...i don't need my own." And now I must admit...I was very wrong.

I got a text from Meag Saturday morning at about 9:32, after I just pinned like 8 new things, that read "is there any chance your addicted to pinterest?"

No meag, I just like it, a lot. 

and ps in order for you to be seeing that i pinned something that early in the morning means you were probably also on pinning away. so there.

but really guys, why couldn't i have been the one to have thought about this? all i can say is my hard drive is also very happy that I have discovered this.

Pinterest solves basically any question.
For example:

What should I make for dinner? 
or where did I see that fabulous chicken taquito recipe?
What do I want for christmas?
(Thanks mace...a $300 gold Nixon watch)
What's something inexpensive i can make to hang on my door? 
{of course... a burlap wreath}
How do I prevent pit stains from my husbands white shirts?
How do I keep my zipper from falling down? 
What should I pack for my next vacation?
Where do I want to go on my next vacation?
How do I want to do my hair tomorrow? 
How do I want to pose the next baby I shoot? 
[when I say shoot i mean take photos of]
How should I build my next kitchen, nursery, backyard, bedroom, breakfast nook, 
play room and storage area?
ETC.
ETC.
ETC!!!!


If you find that you have these same extremely pressing questions, refer to my pinterest page (mckell_m) for the answer.



Have a good Monday!










1 comment:

  1. ugh..i have a feeling nobody i know is going to get me that gorgeous nixon watch. so i'll be very jealous if you get it, but i'll still be happy for you. :)

    and yes, it does answer any question. who needs google, when you have pinterest?

    ReplyDelete